5.03.2010

Muggy and Buggy

5:10 am: Alarm off.

5:11 am: Mo off.

I was so excited to get going this morning that I hopped right up and put on my running clothes (dutifully laid out on the bureau beside the bed). Took a while actually getting out of the house because my eyes were all groggy and my body is not used to the 5 am business anymore so I struggled a bit... think I might've run into a doorway but that would not be at all unusual behavior for me.

Met up with my running partners at the Greenway. I haven't run with them very often lately (thanks hammy!) but we used to have a really great routine going in the mornings even when it was in the teens and we were wearing huge, baggy hoodies over Mizuno Breath Thermo shirts. Yuck. Anywho. Husband and wife duo who drive separately because one leaves to go straight to work. She was there about 5 minutes late which was no worry since we weren't going very far. No sign of her hubby.

"He has a million pairs of running shorts and I just did laundry on Monday but apparently he couldn't find any. So he said he would come if he found any shorts."

We stood there and stretched a little bit waiting for him. He showed up within a few minutes and we ran down to meet him at the beginning of the trail... he was wearing bright yellow shorts with a much longer inseam than I am accustomed to seeing him in. I would venture a guess they were swimming shorts but... I could be wrong.

It was a pretty funny start to the morning. I didn't mind a little laughter as they chided each other back and forth before finally settling into, "Ahhhh but I love yous" and we got in our rhythm of running into the darkness. They had just returned from a 13 mile fun run at the Turkey Pen (no joke) with some crazy folks with WNC Trail Runners. I looked it up and was a little jealous... they all got in a local swimming hole afterwards and everything - SHOOT - watering holes? That's what I'm talking about after a 13 mile hot n' sweaty run in the sun!

No hamstring pain for the 4 miles we ran together this morning... grabbed an iced chai afterwards. This was probably a bad choice of post-run nourishment. An hour later I was still jacked. Whoo-eee.

Can't wait for Wednesday when I can do this all over again!! Might get to hit the trails at Reedy Creek Park this weekend... getting pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment