5.20.2010

F(r)un Times

Freedom Park.

Quick turns.

And an IT band on fire.

Yesterday I ran with the boy and two gentleman from my Blue Ridge Relay team. We met somewhere near East Boulevard and did some crazy loopage all over the area. This was the first time I had run after work in a long time and it was gor-geous. The sweat was just pouring off me but I wasn't in the mood for taking my shirt off so it was a rather sticky run with little ventilation. But I am not at all complaining because I like running in the warmth.

Ran 8 miles which was about 1.5 more than I technically should have but I felt good. Had STEM done on my leg earlier in the day and so my hamstring was not even a factor during the run. Iced the ITB and hammy even thought it wasn't really killing me but watching a movie is perfect time to ice.

Got a tasty bit of leftovers combined... tagine sauce a la chicken and rice with some black bean cakes from monday's dinner. 9:15 is officially too late to eat dinner. The only issue with running at night is your belly stays empty way too long. Well that's not the only issue, there is the whole problem of getting too tired or too stressed or too busy by the end of the day. That always sucks.

So I guess the lesson on that is: I am so thankful for my morning running partners. Where would I be without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment