5.11.2010

Injury Schminjury

So I been doin' a little running lately. If all goes right I'm a gonna have a 25 mile week this week. This is much more palatable than the 10 mile week I had a couple weeks ago. Oh and infinitely more acceptable than the 0 mile week I had the week before that. I no longer feel so discouraged as my hamstring is still very tight but causes me much less pain than before and I am nearly pain free when sitting in vehicles, on my office ball, on couches, on wrought-iron patio furniture, on wicker chairs... well anywhere really that used to drive me crazy.

McMullen Creek Greenway was its usual pseudo-zoo on Monday morning. As my running partners and I briskly made our way down the boardwalk we encountered some interesting sounding wildlife. I say 'sounding' of course because we didn't get to lay eyes on the creature making our skin crawl. Not to mention the bullfrogs sounding off... you have to love little wilderness encounters at 5:30 am. Thomas and I started pushing ourselves a little bit on the way back. I think the nudge to pick up the pace stemmed from our chitchat of frustration at coming back from time off. We commiserated about how much more difficult pace X feels now when it used to just roll for miles.

I'm feeling about 85% better... one step at a time. I woke up today and felt like crap so I decided to cancel my run for the day. By lunchtime I was feeling equal parts better and lazy so I got 4 quick miles in on the lunch break. This was only a half mile less than I had planned for the day but hey - I'm in the business of takin' what I'm gettin'.

And that's all for now, miles and smiles folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment