5.07.2010

Out of My Way Cow...


Venison burgers, originally uploaded by mo mckinley.

Pecan encrusted venison burger on sourdough.

Yeah, I know. Kind of ridiculous.

So, I had one of those busy days at work that are pretty fun but go go go all day long. On my lunch break I took some alone time and did something productive with it. Worked on making my upper body and core strong in order to come back from all this more prepared for hard training and less likely to suffer injury. That is the idea at least. After my workout my boss took me outside for a gait analysis. Lessons were learned: 1) shorten your stride and 2) stop squeezing your ass. Apparently I have an issue with relaxing... who knew?!

I would have loved to practice this but today was a day off so I rushed home to get in the pool. This was the first day I tried swimming in the pool in the backyard. It was hot hot hot on top and pretty chilly underneath but once I got used to it... I was in heaven. So much more interesting surroundings than an indoor pool! I did a little aqua jogging while checking out the rose bushes and smelling the smell of the fake green grass. The mind tends to wander when its idle and I wondered if they ever felt like making it more authentic by adding fake doggie poo. I'm going to go with a 'no, never' on that, but it was worth a wonder. I finished up with more breaststroke and called it a day after I did as much as I possibly could in 20 minutes. I figured 20 minutes of cardio for the day was better than 0 even though it was crazy. I left work at 6:00 with plans to get home, swim, shower, and get to dinner at the boy's by 7:00 so we could see a movie by 7:40. I pulled up to his house at 7:03 and we only missed a few previews. Not bad work.

Dinner was incredible and I wanted to eat it slowly, enjoying every mouthful. Butternut squash was diced and I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they were pan fried in a dusting of curry. Maybe they were baked because there was absolutely no hint of grease. Maybe I should ask next time so I don't have to come back through here and edit. *Update: They were roasted in the over. Or maybe he meant roasted in the oven and his big thumb hit the wrong button.* Anywho - those little cubes of orange perfection did it for me. Then there was the pecan encrusted venison burger on top of sourdough bread... topped with bacon and pickle. Mmmmyumm. The dish was rounded out with a coleslaw incorporating grapes and mangoes... a little sweetness. Even though we were in a hurry, I still took my time with my food. This was far too good to be rushed.

No comments:

Post a Comment