5.13.2010

Recap Revisited

To motivate myself a wee bit (and because I was messing with my Garmin) I went back through and updated my Athleticore log with splits from Thunder Road. As I write this I feel like that 30 something who is still trying to play beer pong with the boys and remain in his college football days. Except I'm a 20 something and this was relatively recent and I am still in it. Right?

Thought the running side of this blog could use it:

Running Competition
Date: 12/12/2009 7:50:00 AM
Competition: Charlotte Thunder Road Marathon(Road Race)
Event: Marathon @ 3:04:23.00 (7:02 / mi) Place: 1
Warmup/Cooldown: 0 mi
Shoes: Mizuno Precision 10 (10/31/2009)
Temperature: 31°F to 40°F
Conditions: Cloudy & Dry
Intensity: Hard
Overall Feeling: Excellent
Comments: Here goes!

_______________________

This race was so much fun! I was so thankful to Logan and Joe and everyone else who ran some of this with me!

Start was pretty pathetic - couldn't get to the line until more than a minute after the gun went off. This helped me run under control for the first mile, about 7:24. Next few miles were a little quicker and then I slowed myself down purposefully so I could save myself for later. Hung out with Alice for a few miles and talked some strategy for the race and about our goals, etc. Ran with the CRC guy who was running 52 that day for a while... definitely good conversation pace! Beautiful area at this point... I absolutely love the first half of this race. Saw Joe and Jinnie around 10 right before Logan joined me. From 12 on, Logan and Joe and I just rolled along laughing and having a good time. Felt good and gradually started picking it up but I was proud of myself for biding my time even though I knew there were women ahead of me. Took the lead around mile 20 after running with Amelia for about 3/4 mile when I got to hear that she kicked butt and PRed in the half. Running through NoDa was great with the "wall" that Logan and I slapped as we went through and Plaza Midwood was awesome with the drunken corner cheering me around the curve and downhill. It was at that point, around mile 24, that I really felt like I was racing this thing and it was time to finish up. Mile 25 came and went and then it was go time! Kent hopped in out of nowhere and it felt like old times as we kicked down the hill to Try Sports or flew over the boardwalks at McMullen. Last mile ended up being about 6:08 pace up that tough hill to the finish so I was proud of that! Overall, I had the most wonderful experience ever and cannot wait to do it again! But of course, I need to wait a while :)

splits:
7:24
6:58
6:52
7:19
7:31
7:14
7:13
7:17
7:05
7:07
7:04
7:12
7:14
7:06
6:57
7:07
7:05
6:55
6:46
6:48
6:49
6:40
6:35
6:30
6:20
6:08
6:07 pace - 2:58 for last .49

Total: 3:04:29
6:58 avg
2116 cal burned

Talk about all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment