4.01.2010

Pepperoni Miles

New route on the roads this morning. Thursday morning runs are becoming a new routine... and I am liking it. I get up and start heading down the road until I see my running partner and he shows me the ropes. I've been housesitting for this beautiful little abode for most of 2010 so far and I am still finding my running legs in the area. Exploring is in order as soon as I get healthy. For now, when I don't have time or energy to get lost, I'll just follow someone else's lead. Tidbit from the run with Spada today (check out his running blog here):

Spada: So you want to know what I have to drink every night before I go to sleep?

Me: Umm... iced tea? (his aforementioned drink of choice)

Spada: No no no... a milkshake.

Me: Milkshake?! Chocolate or vanilla?

Spada: Well... funny you ask. Usually vanilla, but I got chocolate this last time. It takes me about three days to go through a half gallon.

Me: You're kidding, aren't you?

Spada: No way! Every night... for the last 15 years.

Me: *speechless*


______________________________

Yesterday I asked the boy to join me for lunch. He asked where I wanted him to meet me and I said, "Well, are you ok with cheap Mexican?" Enter Huevos Rancheros and Pollo con Queso (emphasis on the queso).

That was round one.

At night we helped a couple friends of ours move into a new spiffy place in the uptown/downtown area. We had done a good bit of up and down the stairs and out to the car and up and down the stairs and - well you get it - before hot pepperoni pizza arrived. Shining in all it's greasy glory. And let me tell you something, it hit the spot.

That was round two.

Round three was my body retaliating this morning. I felt like a fat sack of snacks* on my little ten mile jaunt. Yuckity yuck yuck. But it was really good at the time, right?





*fat sack of snacks is pretty much a trademarked expression from a good friend of mine and therefore, I cannot take credit for its genius of descriptive ability.

1 comment: