4.05.2010

Impatience Wins Out

It is Friday night. My blood is boiling in my veins because it is time to run and I have been holding back this rush of thought and stress and emotion for too long. I am fully aware of the stupidity and the immaturity and the impatience involved.

But I'm running.

I'm heading down the driveway into the dark night. I'm hopping over sidewalks and lowering my eyes against the headlights down Fairview Rd. I'm taking matters into my own feet so to speak.

My breathing is hard. Harder than it should be. My feet are falling loudly. Louder than they should be.

But I'm running.

My eyes are squinting so hard and all I can hope is that these sidewalks are smooth smooth smooth or I'm going down down down.

But I roll up to the house after a 40 minute super-short jaunt and the sweat is beading up on my skin as the dogs rush me and try to lick the salt off my legs... the day is over. And I'm ok with that... now.

It was stupid. But it was necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment