4.27.2010

Fevrier

Back in February my running was at what I might call a peak. I felt on top of it during every single run. I wanted to go after it and push myself to the very limits of my being every time I stepped out the door. I was IN it. I just resurrected something I jotted down after a solo post-work run. A tangible reminder of what it all feels like.

02/19/2010

racing daylight
my legs are burning
trying to keep up with my lungs
my breath is racing my blood
coursing through my veins
leaving my brain
flowing faster to the muscles that need
so desperately
need it
and the oxygen is not free flowing
its cutting out
falling out
faking me out
and i am just living up to expectations
and running with the darkness
feet pitter patter
spit splatter
and there i am basking in the
afterglow
and streetlights throw shadows
bathing me in sweat and beams of light
ive pushed to my limit
and ive been in my own head for the last 6 miles
and i havent thought about anything
or everything
or this or that
ive thought about racing daylight
and feeling infinite.


Working my way to getting back there. Spent a half an hour in the pool on my lunch break today and did a LOT of breast stroke. I was going to say "stroking of the breast" but that just sounded way wrong. Well, oops, I guess I said it anyway. Did some boarding of the kick too and that actually felt really good - like I was stretching out some tight muscles. All I need to do is learn how to sit without being in pain. That would be fab.u.lous.

No comments:

Post a Comment